Sunday 15 February 2015

Signing up with Bike Register.

I've always considered Awesom-O to be fairly safe from thieves because frankly, he looks a bit old fashioned (in a good way!). However, the new Giant is very colourful and modern looking so when I got an email from British Cycling offering 20% off registering my bike with Bike Register, I took a look. Bike Register is approved and used by the police every day so, for about £16, I decided to sign up.



Upon registration, you receive a document that looks just like a car V40 document with your bike details on it, a security sticker and a kit to permanently mark your bike with it's Bike Register details. The security marking and warning sticker should deter thieves and if your bike is ever recovered by the police, they know how to find you and the ownership document means you can prove the bike is yours. There is also an extremely easy transfer of ownership procedure should you ever sell your bike. 

All in all, extremely good value for £16 I reckon!

No comments:

Post a Comment