Friday 6 November 2015

I've finally replaced my defunct Edge 200...

The Edge Touring plus works perfectly for basic ride recording but it is huge and can't navigate routes reliably so I decided to free up some cockpit space and buy an Edge 20. One thing I have to mention that the reviews don't quite get over is just how tiny this thing is - it's actually cute!


One minor annoyance is that you can't just drop .gpx files on it, you have to draw a route in Garmin Connect and 'send' it to the device instead. I've re-drawn one of my routes and I'm taking it out for it's inaugural ride this afternoon. Report to follow...

First ride impressions? I'm very pleased so far. The bread crumb mode is a sort of enhanced version, it displays the bread crumb line but when you get 800 feet from a turn it beeps and indicates which way to turn with an arrow. It's pretty waterproof as well, it chucked it down for the last half hour of the ride and it survived it just fine. The fact it has 4 contact pads rather than a USB socket means the device is far better sealed than USB charged devices. The downside, of course, is that you can't easily run it with a power pack to enhance the endurance of the device.

No comments:

Post a Comment