Sunday 6 December 2015

Review: Schwalbe tyre levers.

Because I use Continental tyres, which tend to be fairly tight fitting, I've been using bog standard metal tyre levers for the past couple of years. They work well but they can scratch the anodising on your rims so I decided to try Schwalbe's plastic tyre levers instead. They are widely available and usually priced at around £3 for three.



I've used Park plastic tyre levers in the past and wasn't impressed, they tended to bend when trying to wrestle a particularly stubborn tyre on, so I was really hoping these would be better. By complete coincidence, when I examined the front tyre after hitting the pothole at the end of November it was flat so I decided to try the new levers. As it turned out, there was a thorn in the tyre which was quickly sorted with a new tube. The tyre levers are fantastic, they're very thin which makes them a cinch to get under the bead and they're extremely strong, they barely bend at all.

Overall, very impressed!



No comments:

Post a Comment