Sunday 8 May 2016

Oh god, what have I signed up for... The Eroica Britannia.

Having seen a few references to it at the Spin cycle festival in Manchester on Friday and been intrigued by the brilliant retro imagery, I did a bit of Googling and thought "That looks pretty awesome!". It's a 3 day retro cycling festival in Bakewell in Derbyshire that also includes food and drink stands, a retro cycling parts emporium, family fun events and a whole lot more.


The main reason I signed up however is the bike ride, it's a huge retro ride with some interesting rules... All bikes must be pre-1987, have downtube shifters, non-aero wheels, no clipless pedals, you must wear period-specific clothing, you get the idea - retro! I've signed up for the 55 mile route which would be hard, even on my Giant, but I figure it's an expensive event so I might as well make the most of it. With this in mind, I'm looking at an early 80s Claud Butler on Tuesday after work so more to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment