Sunday 4 September 2016

Review: M:Part Micro CO2 inflator.

I've ween waiting for ages to review this inflator but, ironically, I haven't had a puncture! Anyhow, I had a puncture today so was finally able to test it. At just a tenner, this is a brilliant little device. Sure, you can buy fancier alloy ones that are a few grams lighter but as it only weighs 50 grams anyway I didn't see the point.


To use you just make sure the knob is in the closed position and screw in a 16g threaded CO2 cartridge. You then screw the orange alloy nozzle onto the valve and carefully open the knob. When the tyre feels hard enough, just close the knob and un-thread the nozzle from the valve and you're on your way. It comes with a foam insulating sleeve to stop it freezing in your hand in use but I filed it under 'something else to lose' and just wrap one of my cycling mitts around it in use. All in all, top product!

NB: When you inflate a tyre with CO2, it is important to empty the tyre when you get home and re-inflate it with air. CO2 is soluble in rubber and the tyre will go down over a couple of days as the CO2 diffuses through it if you leave it as is.


No comments:

Post a Comment