Tuesday 20 December 2016

Review: Morgan Blue Syn lube.

When I was ordering the 105 upgrade parts for Awesom-O, I saw this lube at the bottom of the screen in the 'You might also like...' section so, on a whim, I ordered a bottle. If you've read my blog before, you'll know I am a complete tart for a new chain lube and this one is looking like it might be a perfect bad weather lube. When I installed the new 11 speed chain on Awesom-O (an FSA team issue that I must have ordered in a sale sometime in the past) I noticed it wasn't covered in that horrid Cosmoline-like stuff chains normally are so I was able to apply one drip per links without having to clean the chain first.


The first thing that struck me was how thick the stuff is, it took a couple of minutes for each drip to sink into the link which was a new one on me! I've been out on the newly lubed, upgraded Awesom-O and I have to say, it's the quietest, smoothest chain lube I've ever used. I suspect it will attract a lot of road grime so keeping the outside of the chain wiped clean will be critical but it's looking like a very good winter lube so far. The bonus with it being so thick is that it's ideal for jobs where an oil is traditionally too thin and grease won't penetrate enough such as the springs in SPD pedals.




No comments:

Post a Comment