Friday 12 May 2017

Review: BBB stainless jockey wheels.

At nearly 3,600 miles the jockey wheels on the Giant are looking a bit shabby and the shifting isn't as crisp as it was so I decided to replace the jockey wheels. I chose the basic stainless steel jockey wheels from BBB because they were a sensible price (~£9) and got pretty decent reviews. These jockey wheels are universal in size and use plastic adaptors to fit different derailleur models properly so I chose the 'Shimano 11 speed' adaptors and fitted them.


Shimano jockey wheels use bushings rather than bearings and the upper wheel has about 1.5mm of side by side float whereas these wheels use cartridge bearings and have no float so I was interested to see how the bike shifted. I took the Giant out for a spin and was very impressed. There's definitely more noise from the cassette area sometimes when shifting, I suspect the float in the upper jockey on the Shimano wheel helps negate that, but the shifting is extremely slick, much Like I imagine Di2 must feel - very impressed!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment