Saturday 31 May 2014

Review: Bikefridge (Disco Brakes) kevlar brake pads.

A few rides ago I noticed a strange problem with my front brake. At low and high speeds they were fine but at medium speeds, the pads were grabbing the discs causing the fork legs to judder back and forth disconcertingly when braking. I was pretty sure it wasn't contamination because I bought a spray bottle of IPA from ebay and clean the discs after every couple of rides. A quick Google found several references to an ebay seller called bikefridge who sells all sorts of pads at around £22 for 4 pairs. Considering Avid pads are about £15 a pair, I thought I'd give them a try.



I decided on the kevlar pads which sounded like a good all-round option and fitted two sets to the bike. I've done about 100 miles on these pads so far and I'm very impressed. They have a very similar feel to the Avid pads but absolutely no signs of the weird grabbing problem the Avids had.


At about £5.50 a pair, I'm very pleased with them so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment