Saturday 28 March 2015

Disco brakes pads revisited.

Shortly after buying the new Giant I decided the brakes lacked bite so I searched online for some replacements and found seller Bikefridge again. The kevlar pads I used on the Whyte were ok but were a bit grabby and noisy in the wet so this time I went for the semi-metallic.




From the time these were fitted, I was impressed. The stock pads had barely buffed up the rotors after 180 miles of use but these polished them up on the first ride which indicates there is plenty of friction going on. They also have a very reassuring feel, you can feel the friction between the pads and the metal of the discs as you apply the brakes. Very pleased so far!

'A few hundred miles later' update: Perfect pads basically. No noise, great performance dry or wet and none of the fork judder I experienced with the kevlar version. 

No comments:

Post a Comment