Tuesday 31 March 2015

Rim damage from my recent puncture.

On the way home last night, after repairing the puncture, I could feel a slight dink, dink, dink from the rear wheel which was a bit ominous. Feeling around the rim I could feel a dint but I left it until tonight to take the tyre off and have a proper look. One side of the rim was relatively unscathed but there was bit of  bulge on the other side.




It wasn't bad enough to warrant hammering it flat (not a brilliant idea on aluminium anyhow) but it did need sorting. In the end, I filed the slight bulge off with a file. I'm not sure if it's a keeper yet, only riding it will answer that one, but it's worth a try to avoid forking out £81 for a new wheel. I only filed off 10 or 15 thou so I'm pretty sure the rim is perfectly safe, I'll have to give it a try when this ridiculous wind drops a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment