Saturday 23 May 2015

How to install 6 bolt rotors with centrelock adaptors.

At long last my new Hope Mason wheels have arrived! I decided to buy new rotors for it so that if I ever have to use the Giant wheels again, I wouldn't have to faff around swapping rotors. For reasons I'll mention in a different post, I bought 6 bolt rotors so I had to use the 6 bolt to splined adaptors provided with the new wheels. Here's how to fit them:

Firstly remove the quick release from the wheel, this isn't necessary but stops it getting in the way later.


Now seat the adaptor onto the hub with the protruding metal pins facing outwards.


Next place the new disc so that the holes line up with the pins of the adaptor ensuring the disc is the correct way around.


Now place the thin stainless steel plate over the protruding end of the pins.


Now screw the locking ring into the hub. The tightening torque on mine was 30nm (approx. 22ft/lbs) but yours should have the value etched on it like mine did. The splines in the lock ring are the same as you get on a cassette lock ring so use the same tool.


Now just refit the skewer, put your wheels back on your bike and go for a bike ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment