Monday 25 May 2015

Review: Disco Brakes brake rotors.

As I mentioned in another post, I decided to buy new rotors for my new Hunt wheels so that if I ever need to swap wheels I wouldn't be faffing about swapping rotors. For some reason the fact that most disc rotors aren't plain round has always mildly annoyed me so after endless Googling, I was chuffed to find Disco Brakes sell *plain rotors!



At less than eight quid each for the 160mm version I was a bit wary about these rotors but was actually amazed when they turned up, the quality is fantastic. They are perfectly flat, you can see the machining across the whole surface where they've been ground and even the edges are slightly bevelled to reduce the risks of getting cut in a crash. Overall verdict? Fantastic!

*Admittedly, these aren't going to be the lightest rotors ever but given that a disc brake works by converting kinetic energy into heat and then dissipating it, I think this is a moot point. Being a weight weenie isn't always good for your health - take a look at this article: skinny rotors.


No comments:

Post a Comment