Tuesday 22 March 2016

A treat for Lanzarote - new pedals for the Giant.

As I knew I'd be taking my pedals off to take to Lanzarote in May, I decided to upgrade to something a bit fancier. I was initially going to go for XTR SPDs but my mate Al at work (who rides about a 1,000 miles a month!) told me that there was known issue with the locking nut inside shearing and the whole pedal body coming away from the axle.


I decided to go for the previous generation of XT pedals in the end (they're only just the previous model, their replacements are just starting to appear in shops about now). They're a bit lighter than the 520s and look a lot smarter, I copper greased the threads and installed them to 30 ft/lbs of torque and took them for a spin. They need loosening off a bit but they're very smart, very smooth and are very comfortable - Shimano for the win again!

No comments:

Post a Comment