Friday 1 July 2016

Finally, no excess stem spacers!

Having lowered my stem about a centimeter the other day and really enjoying the results, I was getting quite annoyed with the two unnecessary narrow spacers above the stem so I bought a stem cutting guide from Planet X and borrowed a star-fangled nut setter from my mate Al at work and got to work.


I unscrewed the brake caliper and snipped the two zip ties that held the cable to the fork leg and moved it out of the way. I then removed the top cap and loosened the stem clamp bolts and removed the stem and bars. I then removed the forks and trimmed the necessary half an inch or so from the steerer, set the SFN with the setting tool and put the bike back together. I think it looks absolutely epic and I'm now fully Rule #45 compliant as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment