Friday 28 April 2017

A Brooks saddle for the Giant.

I've known about Brooks saddles for years but never really did anything about it so when I came across them again recently on the web in website saddle reviews it really piqued my interest. I have Charge scoops on all three of my bikes; I find them OK but not 'forget it's there' comfortable so I decided to try a Brooks. I chose their standard model, the B17, and ordered one in 'Honey' which is similar to the tan Scoops and matches the bar tape. Amazingly, this saddle has been in production since the 1890's and virtually every online review says they're amazing.



It came with a small sachet of leather care cream called Proofide; there was enough to apply five coats to the saddle, all of which soaked in very quickly. Brooks recommend giving the underside a few coats so I've ordered a proper tin of Proofide and I'll do the underside when it arrives. Anyhow, I fitted it to the Giant and took it for it's inaugural ride this afternoon. I think I need to lower the nose very slightly (Brooks recommend installing it slightly nose up) and the leather is still rock hard but it was very, very comfortable already so I'm very impressed so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment