Sunday 9 April 2017

Review: Weldtite Dirt Wash citrus degreaser.

White spirit is an awesome and cheap degreaser but it isn't exactly eco-friendly. I've used citrus degreasers in the past and they're pretty good so I though I'd give this stuff a try. I used it neat on an FSA team chain lubed with Morgan Blue Synlube as a challenging test. I was suspicious about this cleaner when I first opened it, it has none of the citrusy smell of a good degreaser but smelled more like washing up liquid.



I put the chain in a clip-top plastic container and gave it a really good shake. I was immediately suspicious that the cleaner didn't change colour at all. I opened the container and tried agitating the cleaner into the chain with my fingers and it barely shifted the oil on the chain at all. I then washed the chain in hot water and could see the inner plates were still covered in gunk and the chain didn't tinkle at all when shaken which suggests it hasn't touched the oil within the links. One to avoid!





No comments:

Post a Comment