Friday 29 March 2019

A useful tip for keeping your shifting sweet and accurate.

I flipped the bike up onto it's back wheel the other night to wheel it into the back yard and happened to noticed how dry and dirty the under bottom bracket cable guide looked. I wheeled the bike over to the lawn and flipped it upside down (apologies to disciples of rule #49...) and brushed out the cable guide and lubed the cable where it ran through it. 


For this sort of lubrication, cables especially, I like to use a semi-wet lube. In this case White Lightning Epic Ride which I didn't rate much for chains but is great for this sort of job. Anyhow, slightly to my own surprise, the rear shifting is noticeably smoother and more accurate following this simple job. One to keep on top of in future!

No comments:

Post a Comment