Friday 5 April 2019

Top winter cycling tip if you ride in summer shoes.

As anyone who reads this blog will know, I suffer badly from frozen toes in winter. I'm sure part of this is down to poor circulation in my feet but the fact I ride in cycling shoes with mesh panels in doesn't help. The panels are to let your feet breathe when the weather's hot and you're riding hard but they let a lot of cold air in.


I'm not sure where I first heard of it but this is a great tip. Pull out about nine inches of foil and fold it in half width-wise. Now put it across the toe end of your shoes and tuck the edges down and underneath around the front of your shoe. Now simply put your overshoes on as normal, over the foil, and no drafts will get through and you should have much warmer feet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment