Saturday 15 March 2014

New saddle, a Charge Spoon!

I've been getting increasingly fed up with my current saddle for a while now. It's not particularly comfortable and it's starting to look very tatty after ~3,000 miles. I was browsing the net yesterday and kept seeing rave reviews of the Charge Spoon saddle from British bike company Charge, so...

...I was at Leisure Lakes in Tarleton this morning when they opened and it's out with the old Specialized saddle and in with the Spoon*! I went for brown because it looks really cool with the blue retronesss of my Dave Yates:


This is how it looks on the bike, pretty cool I'm sure you'll agree. The eagle eyed among you will notice I've swapped out the X-lite Clickon seatpost for the stripped Ritchey one. The X-lite was poorly designed. The clamp had to be tightened to the max and still slipped as the post itself was anodised so smooth it was impossible to clamp properly in it's shim.


It was supposed to get it's inaugral outing with James today on a 30.4 miler but he's having to collect and install his 29" Conti Travelcontact tyres so we'll go tomorrow. Full report to follow!

Update: I think I still need to tilt the saddle up a couple of degrees but it's looking very promising. It's one of those saddles you perch your sit bones on the back of rather than sit 'in' but as I said, very promising...

Update no. 2: I tilted it back a degree or two before todays 30.7 mile ride and hey presto! It's awesomely comfortable - WIN :D.

*For some reason I don't pretend to understand, Charge name all their products after things you'd find in a kitchen - Cooker, Spoon, Scoop, Knife etc !

No comments:

Post a Comment