Saturday 29 March 2014

HOPE: Fantastic customer service.

On Thursday evening this week, planning to do the local 18, I took 4 ni-cads out of my charger and fitted them to my Hope One light. 10 minutes later, I picked it up and the whole thing was extremely hot. Panicking slightly, I ran through to the bathroom and ran it under the cold tap and was relieved to get the batteries out in their holder without them exploding or leaking toxic gunk. The batteries were so hot that the labels were peeling off and the wires in the battery carrier has melted through the plastic rendering it useless. Arse...


I did a quick Google and found ordinary holders don't work because the Hope one doesn't have terminals on it so I emailed Hope asking if they could suggest anything and went to bed. When I arrived at work the next morning there was an email on my phone from a guy called Johnny at Hope in Barnoldswick saying that if I gave him my address, he'd chuck one in the post for me and, hey presto, it arrived at my dad's this morning!

You can't ask for better customer service than that! The light's awesome too, bright and waterproof and makes road cycling at night in the winter safe and enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment