Tuesday 25 March 2014

Time for new tyres.

Whilst I was sitting in the car in Whalley on Saturday waiting for James I noticed that the side walls on my tyres were looking distinctly crumbly and the reinforcing strings were visible - oops (although I've put 1,830+ miles on them in the last 9 months, they're actually about 6 years old)... 



A quick Google revealed Halfords sold my beloved Continental Travelcontacts so I nipped in, there was only one on the shelf but they found two more in the stock room so that was good. They were labelled on the rack as being £29.99 each (ouch!) but they price matched their own web price so £19.71 each - WIN!

The one thing that irks me about these tyres is the name - Travelcontact?! They were designed in conjunction with famous bike tourer Tilmann Waldthaler, a guy who's world cycle touring currently exceeds 300,000 miles, who describes them as "The best thing I’ve ever had on a bike". Why not call them Continental 'Around the World', Continental 'End-to-End' or Continental 'Epic Adventure'? If you have any suggestions, comment below.

(Btw, if Continental read this and decide to re-christen the tyres, I'll happily settle for one free pair a year as my fee :-) ). 

No comments:

Post a Comment